[openbeos] Re: [Haiku] updated introduction page slightly

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 17:26:18 +0200 CEST

"Waldemar Kornewald" <wkornew@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 8/16/06, umccullough@xxxxxxxxx <umccullough@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Just a note - I put single quotes around 'easy to use' in the "What
> > does
> > 'easy to use' mean?" question on the intro page to make it easier
> > read:
> > http://plonetest.haiku-os.org/introduction
> Thanks. Actually, I don't really like the intro page. The "what does
> easy to use" stuff doesn't belong there. Maybe a "History" would be
> better? We need something *useful*. Probably I'll just delete the
> last
> paragraph. What do you think?

I also think it's utterly wrong - at least that's not what R1 is about;
it might be our long term mission, but certainly not "what is Haiku" or
"current situation".
At least I still put my files into folders and clutter my desktop with
icons :-)
In the sense written there, Haiku is no better than Windows or Mac OS
either.

But honestly, a "what is Haiku" definitely must include our heritage -
where are we coming from (BeOS R5), and not only where we may intent to
go to some years in the future.

BTW do the screenshots have to be crappy looking JPEGs? Their quality
really is pretty bad; for UIs PNGs or a better JPEG converter are more
appropriate, I'd think.

Bye,
   Axel.