[haiku] Re: Haiku support for USB drives

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 15:13:17 +0100 CET

Nicholas Blachford <nicholas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Annoyingly it appears to be just as slow though.  This is not the
> drives fault (writing is very fast from a Mac).  An optimisation for
> later methinks...

USB is also unbelievably slow on my laptop. I'm not sure what's wrong
there, as I haven't looked into it yet. Could have something to do with
the BIOS putting all devices on a single interrupt line.

> Anyway it's left me with a question...
>
> Anyone have any idea how I get a machine to boot off a bootable
> partition?
> Getting it to boot is easy if there's only one partition, but how do
> set it up if there's 2?

There is the BootManager (currently just called "bootman", as in BeOS)
that you can use to get a boot menu capable of booting to different
partitions (just use it from your Haiku installation).

Bye,
   Axel.