[haiku] Re: Haiku boot on UEFI system

  • From: miqlas <miqlas@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2015 10:59:50 +0200

Hi Guys,

i spoke with Slice (Clover developer) and he made a small change in
the Clover source to support Haiku.
http://sourceforge.net/p/cloverefiboot/code/3230/tree//rEFIt_UEFI/refit/lib.c?diff=504c3833fd48f873331ebd05:3229

Hopefully it will work, but i had no time to test it yet. I will report back.

Best Regards,
miqlas

Hi Guys,

i got an UEFI based computer, and i'm using it happily 2 years ago. It
works very well, my primary OS also installed in EUFI mode.

But Haiku have no UEFI bootloader yet (hopefully soon). I can install
Haiku in Legacy mode, but i don't want to go into BIOS everytime to
change the boot type from UEFI to Legacy everytime, when i want to
boot into Haiku.
I've seen, the Clover bootloader develoeprs made a big progress, so i
thinkig about to let Clover boot Haiku, but my Haiku partition isn't
listed in Clover (maybe user error). Is there any way to boot a legacy
system from UEFI? A bootloader, or something like it, what can create
a "legacy enviroment" to boot Haiku? Any idea?

Thank you!

---
Mizsei Zoltán
(aka. miqlas)