[haiku] Re: Haiku QA team: looking for volunteers!

  • From: "Ingo Weinhold" <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2012 12:31:53 +0200

Dennis Catt wrote:
> I have posted a thread in the Community forums trying to recruit
> volunteers for the Haiku QA team:
> https://www.haiku-os.org/community/forum/haiku_qa_team_looking_volunteers
>
> I think before I push to get plugins to Trac, etc... that getting a QA
> team in place is more important or the former would be a waste of time
> for everyone. If anyone here who gave a blessing to what I posted some
> weeks ago might want to read what I posted today. Please let me know
> if anything that I mentioned might not be what the Haiku project leads
> have in mind and if/once we get a Haiku QA team establisted, we can
> talk about this subject more in detail and figure out what is best for
> the Haiku project as a whole from a QA process standpoint.

Just for sake of correctness: There aren't any project/team leads anymore. The
original OpenBeOS project was organized that way to manage the initial flood of
volunteers. For quite some time now decisions are made democratically amongst
the committers and few non-committers with voting priviledges (except monetary
or trademark related stuff, which is Haiku, Inc.'s business). There's a voting
procedure, but it is rarely used, since in almost all cases a consensus can be
reached or it becomes clear what the majority's preference is.

Anyway, your post looks OK to me. :-)

> Sorry I was slow with this; I was on vacation last week, so I wanted to
> wait until I got back.

Don't worry, there's no hurry. It seems we're going to make another push for
alpha 4, but I think the important goal would be to get QA going until the beta
phase.

CU, Ingo

PS: You might want to check your clock. Your mails have future dates.