[haiku] Haiku Icon Library

  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 08 Jul 2009 20:33:43 +0200

Hi, Following the discussion on the DiskUsage icon, I got an idea about an icon databse for Haiku-style icons. Since several versions have been made, it would be sad to "throw away" those icons that wind up not beeing used. Instead it would be nice if all contributions could be added to a database, where all these icons could be added for later use, or by 3rd party software (as we know, not all coders are great icon artists). In this database we could also list missing icons, icons that need rework, as well as icons needed in the future (like "back", "forward" in browsers, haiku style icons for ported games, haiku style icons for devices like phones, and so on - you name it). My plan is a list like this, http://tango.freedesktop.org/CodeTangoSet where current icons would be listed, as well as needed ones, and more generic icons for use by 3rd party software. It could maybe also be possible for developers to add "requests" to see if anyone is up to the task. I would love to do this, if this is seen as something that could benefit the community in some way.

Best regards,
Petter