[openbeos] Haiku Code Drive 2008 Poll & Fundraiser Update

  • From: WalterCon <walter@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 12:45:40 -0700

Hello Haiku fans,

I have a quick update on the Haiku Code Drive 2008.

First, the big news: donations to fund the Haiku Code Drive 2008 have surpassed the US$5,000 mark! The response from the community has been superb. Thank you all! If you have not donated yet, you can still make a contribution until May 29th from here:

http://www.haiku-os.org/community/haiku-code-drive-2008/donate

The Haiku Code Drive 2008 Poll has started. You can now influence where the donated funds go by casting your vote here (login required):

http://www.haiku-os.org/poll/2008-08-22/haiku_code_drive_2008_poll

Before you vote, check out the candidates and their projects here:

http://www.haiku-os.org/community/haiku-code-drive-2008/applications

We are also asking the community to spread the word about the ongoing Haiku Code Drive fundraiser, and to make it easier, we have created a template that can be used to submit the news to technology and/or open source related news websites/blogs/mailing lists/forums/etc. For full details, see:

http://www.haiku-os.org/news/2008-05-22/haiku_code_drive_2008_poll_fundraiser_update

Thank you everyone again for the strong support you have shown so far. This is very telling of the good things that we can do together to advance Haiku and its goals. Let's keep it up!

Regards,

Walter de Poet