[openbeos] Re: Haiku Bugs

  • From: Ingo Weinhold <bonefish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2006 13:42:56 +0100

On 2006-02-11 at 03:40:32 [+0100], Mathew Schofield <mr.skoe@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The other thing is, trying to compile Haiku on FreeBSD.
>
> There are some things missing from sys/errno.h. This includes ENODATA,
> ENOSTR, ENOSR, and ETIME. I asked the freebsd-standards mailing
> list[1] why they we're missing and i recieved the response:
>
> "These are STREAMS error codes; we don't have STREAMS in
> FreeBSD."
>
> I'm stumped. I always thought when cross-compiling an OS, that the
> target OS has it's own implementations.

Everything that is built for Haiku itself has no other dependencies, but the
tools we need to build Haiku (rc, xres, mimeset,...) need to run on the build
platform and thus have dependencies to it.

> Is the fix as simple as
> defining them to something usable, or is there more to that?

I don't think we use those error codes, so you can probably just #ifdef them in
src/build/libroot/errors.cpp (just like done for EFPOS and ESIGPARM), if that's
where the error occurs.

CU, Ingo