[haiku] Google and Haiku Browser

  • From: Giuseppe Gargaro <giuseppe.gargaro@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku <haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2010 10:08:23 +0000

Hello community, I appreciate very much your work all your commitment
and vision demonstrated over the years.

With Haiku I can say I never stopped using BeOS, and for me the system
is already a big step forward compared to BeOS 5.

I would like to hear your opinion on an issue which I think you
probably have already discussed within the project and there are
readings on the ml and the forum on the need for a modern browser.

Currently, Google provides a valuable service to us all but gradually
breaking compatibility with older browsers, for example with Bezilla
or Arora is no longer possible to use the gallery with Picasa and
Google Documents is now opening this message ...

Getting to know Google Docs: Phasing out support for older browsers
Print

Google Docs will be phasing out support for older browsers starting
March 1, 2010. This includes Internet Explorer 6.0 as well as older
browsers that are currently not supported ​by the browser
manufacturers themselves.

We've detected that your web browser will be affected by the changes.
You can check what browser version you're currently running at
http://www.WhatBrowser.org, a site created by Google.

Older browsers aren't fully compatible with many modern web
applications, such as Google Docs. ​We'd encourage you to upgrade to
any of the following supported web browsers:

    * Microsoft Internet Explorer ​7.0+
    * Mozilla Firefox ​3.0+
    * Google Chrome 4.0+
    * Safari 3.0+