[haiku] Re: Goodsearch (was: Re: haiku Digest V14 #31)

  • From: Humdinger <humdingerb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: General Haiku ML <haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2014 10:01:50 +0100

Hi Alessandro!

On 15 March 2014 15:41, alessandro <almir159@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'm supporting Haiku (also) through goodsearch, and I don't understand how
> is it possible that the total (by all members) raised for haiku through
> goodsearch increase of only 1,5 ~ 2 dollars every day.
[snip]
> But on the main page of goodsearch there is written " 1914 supporters".
> So, only 14 of 1914 really use this search engine?

My guess is that the majority of the 1914 supporters have only tried
Goodsearch a few times and weren't satisfied with the search results.
The Haiku community coming from all over the world, I suspect that the
lack of localization (i.e. filter results for sites from a specific
country) may be the main reason that Goodsearch doesn't work well for
them.

I try to do a few searches a day with Goodsearch anyway. Let's hope
more people recognize this as a very easy way to support Haiku. A few
cents are donated in a minute. Multiplied by a thousand people, it's a
force to be reckoned with.

Regards,
Humdinger

     Deutsche Haiku News  -  Haiku Gazette