[openbeos] Re: [GlassElevator] Kernel/app_server req #768 - suspend/resume

  • From: Isaac Yonemoto <ityonemo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Zenja Solaja <solaja@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2002 14:11:33 -0600 (CST)

> b) via an extra button on every windows title bar (green/yellow button).
> Pressing this button sends a 'suspend' signal to the app_server/kernel, and
> pressing it again sends a 'resume' signal.

Eek!  This will be bad.  The IK wants "all window drawing, including
window borders" to be done in-process.  Well, I disagree with the "window
borders" part, but in any case, should someone hit this button, then the
view won't redraw.  And, if we go through with the "window borders" thing,
then neither will it be able to reactivate, because, the thread will be
asleep and won't hear the click.

No, this sort of high-level control is best left to digigeeks who download
programs like "processcontroller" -- wonderful apps -- to fudd around with
their system and the like.

Isaac