[openbeos] Re: GUI schemes

  • From: Sami Cokar <scokar@xxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 11:27:11 -0600

The BeOS GUI _does_ require updates, quick examples include:

*) "eye candy" should be treated as an "accessibility" option (ie more
'respect')  -- still have a consistent UI that any individual can customize
(key: or not) to make their work environment more comfortable, for them.

*) window manipulation -- a lot of features depend on 'mousing skill' to
'target & manipulate' a specific part of a window -- what happens when
2400x1800 is a 'default' resolution?

of course this is a glass elevator discussion, and we should get as much
good feedback in there as early as possible.

Sami Cokar - scokar@xxxxxxx