[openbeos] Re: Fw: [Open-beos-cvs]CVS: current/src/kits/app Messenger.cpp,1.13,1.14 Message.cpp,1.33,1.34

  • From: Ingo Weinhold <bonefish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: obos <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 23:34:32 +0100

[I'm now sending the mail the third time. It's still not in the archive, so
I try again. BTW, if someone still uses the MDR version that produces
malformed mails, please upgrade. I keep on getting kicked out of the list
and I suspect that's because my mail server bounces those mails.]

On 2005-02-14 at 17:58:03 [+0100], Jérome DUVAL wrote:
> It was supposed to go the main list sorry
>
> > I'm not sure about this change but it improves things on my side. The
code
> > isn't clean, so this change could be a mistake.
> > Explanation :
> >
> > 1)
> >
> http://www.beclan.org/BeBook/The_Application_Kit/Messenger.html#SendMessage()
> > => "If you supply neither a reply message nor a reply target, the
target's
> > response is sent to be_app_messenger."
> >
> > this was removed from BMessenger in the very same commit because it
should
> > take the message's reply target first if no target is provided.
> >
> > 2)
> >
> > fReplyRequired means a reply is needed. The _send_ method sends the
local
> > copy of the message, so the reply requirement is now handled by the next
> > receiver.
> > If we don't change this value, on message's deletion a reply will be
sent,
> > which we don't want (it's now the new receiver's job)

Looks OK to me.

BTW, do I miss something, or is it indeed the case, that in
BMessage::_send_()
for temporarily storing fPreferred, fTarget, fReplyRequired (not longer
necessary now), and fReplyTo a BMessage (tmp_msg) is created? Especially
weird
is the fact, that init_data() is invoked on it at the end.

CU, Ingo