[openbeos] Re: Enduser documentation

  • From: "Anton du Toit" <adutoit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 12:45:25 +1100

Well, that would make my job much easier! (I'm tasked with (re)writing
the User's Guide, which is very much reinventing the wheel). If Helmar
or someone can persuade them, then great.

Anton

>Hullo!
>
>OK, so Palm won't licence the source code of the BeOS to BU/OBOS.
>What about enduser documentation? I really quite like the BeOS 5 User
>Guide. And since we will have a R5 clone and have to provide a user
>guide, having the original documentation would be a valuable starting
>point. We'd just have to update the changed parts like Opentracker/
>deskbar, mail_daemon etc.
>
>Surely Palm cannot use that stuff for whatever they may someday plan to

>do with parts of the BeOS code. But it is still under Be's (now Palm's)

>copyright. Maybe Helmar or someone else who is still on speaking terms
>with Palm representatives can investigate this. Maybe they agree to
>give that away for free as a sign of good will.
>Maybe we could even push a bit into the code region again and ask for
>the code for some apps/demos like 3dmix... :)
>
>cu
>J.Seemer

This message was sent with the demo version of Postmaster, a BeOS mail client.
For more information, please visit http://kennyc.com/postmaster