[openbeos] Re: Could not open application 'x' with application 'x' (not an executable)

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 10:56:31 +0100 (MET)

"Karl vom Dorff" <haikubounties@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Both applications worked fine, but when I restart the machine, they
> no
> longer work, and I get the above error. Is this a bug?

It's definitely a bug - it's just not sure which one ;-)
Did you shutdown Haiku correctly? The disk caches are currently only
sync'd if you do it manually or shutdown Haiku via the Deskbar (or the
"shutdown" command).

In any case, I have had this happen over here as well, dunno why yet
(also other kind of garbled files, like media files played with the
MediaPlayer suddenly had debug output instead of the usual file
header).

In any case, if you compare the files to their original counterparts
(using "cmp") they should differ.

Bye,
   Axel.