[openbeos] Re: Can someone help me.

  • From: "Jonathan Tarbox" <jtarbox@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 22:39:41 -0500

From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> >David McPaul <dmcpaul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > status_t ThrivxDecoder::Sniff(const media_format *in_format,
> >                                const void *in_info, size_t in_size) {
> >
> > DEBUG("Sniffer Called\n");
> >
> > }
>
> You can just remember the codec fourcc in that method, and use that one
> in the codec - it's the same instance the decoder will be using.

ugh, even though I had access to the full source for just about a year and did
some codec work, I don't member how to determine the fourcc at the Sniff()
call..    I think it's in one of the parameters, but I couldn't be able to tell
you for sure..   troll through the media format headers (yuk) to see if you can
find it.  Let me know if you don't, I'll fiix my BeOS partition (again) and try
to help look it up.

my opendivx driver really only did one type of stream so I didn't have to delve
this deep into the formatting info.

-jtarbox