[openbeos] Re: Calling all Australian Haiku Users/Developers

  • From: "Solaja, Zenja" <solaja@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sikosis@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 09:48:26 +1000

Hi Phil.

I may be interested in coming to Sydney, but I need to discuss this with
my partner first.  From their website, I cannot see any facilities for
exhibitors (with a booth).  The only option I can see is to actually
host a presentation (in which case, the conference fee is waived).

I can only think of a number of talks which would interest the target
audience:
- introduction to Haiku
- running an embedded device with Haiku
- Haiku application programming - advanced concepts

I might be able to talk about embedded devices (considering my
professional experience, but this has nothing to do with my employer)
but that would mean that I'd have to prepare a preliminary talk and send
it to them by 30 June.  But I have ZERO experience actually embedding
Haiku, but it cannot be *that* difficult (famous last words).

I've also got an overseas holiday scheduled for the first 2 weeks in
June, so that means that I'd have less than 3 weeks to prepare and
submit a 'preliminary' talk to be considered for a presentation slot.
I'm not sure that I'll be able to make the time.

Anyhow, put me down as 'tentative'.

Zenja Solaja

<not speaking for my employer>