[haiku] Re: Call for testers -- Beceem WiMAX / 4G

  • From: Colin Günther <coling@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2010 00:07:24 +0200

Hi,

On 20.10.2010 16:48, Alexander von Gluck IV wrote:

WiMAX requires more then just hardware support however, we would also need to impliment a daemon/server to handle authinication (EAP is common). The daemon would need to work generically across devices (which linux doesn't even have at the moment).

the work axel is putting in to the WiFi-encryption-bounty should be of help here. The wpa_supplicant, axel has ported, supports EAP, too. And the wpa_supplicant will be put into the net_server, and thus commonly available, if I understood axel correctly.

Bye
-Colin