[haiku] Re: BurnItNow and OsDrawer

  • From: Sean Collins <smc.collins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2012 23:56:59 +0000

scottmc wrote:
On Fri, Jul 20, 2012 at 11:10 AM, Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Fri, Jul 20, 2012 at 1:48 PM, Giovanni Mugnai <musical777@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I signed up to OsDrawer, to report an issue about BurnItNow, but my account
is still not active.. Seems that Osdrawer too, has some issue!
I am of the opinion that while OsDrawer is a nice concept for housing
open source Haiku projects, it is not well enough maintained. I plan
to put my own projects on GitHub, and if I ever start working on
something housed at OsDrawer, I'll just move it to GitHub.

As for your bug, Scott should be on this list, but I don't know if
this is an issue he can address. He may just be the default person for
BurnItNow since he probably put it on OsDrawer.

--
Regards,
Ryan

BurnItNow is a GUI wrapper that makes use of cdrecord for burning the
CDs.  cdrecord is part of the cdrtools optionalpackage, this package
was recently updated, which may or may not have any effect on your
current issue.  Try using cdrecord from the command line, it has
several options which can be displayed using cdrecord -help, see if
you can find a combination that can detect your drive, show info about
it, and show info regarding the media currently in the drive.  With
this info we may be able to update BurnItNow to make better use of the
info available.  The source code for BurnItNow is the same as it was
from 2002, which is prior to cdrtools 3.0 being released, so there may
be new options available that can be used to make BurnItNow more
functional than its current state.  And as always "patches welcome".

Chris Roberts had started working on a complete rewrite of BurnItNow
making use of Haiku's new layout management, but that seems to have
stalled, the code for that is also up on OSDrawer in case anyone is
interested in looked at it.

As for the OSDrawer issue, not sure what is up with the site right
now, the repositories appear to be still working but the front end
seems to be messed up.
There's many projects hosted there, it'd be a shame to lose them:
http://dev.osdrawer.net/projects

-scottmc

I can't seem to get the code checkout to work with OsDrawer, not in some time.

I wanted to tinker with BurnItNow a while back.

Sean