[haiku] Re: Building/installing only specific components

  • From: Humdinger <humdingerb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2008 20:01:11 +0100

Julius Bullinger wrote:

Do I understand it right that I can define those preferences in my UserBuildConfig? So how could I set e.g. the resolution when building and installing Haiku to a partition?

Please bear in mind, that I probably don't know what I'm doing most of the
time... :)
I don't know where you would have to change the source to set a default resolution, so I would boot Haiku once, set the resolution and get the file ~/config/settings/Screen_data.

This can be added to the image, I guess, just like it's done with the keymap in the UserBuildConfig.ReadMe:

AddFilesToHaikuImage home config settings : <keymap>German
        : Key_map ;

In your case, I'd create a new folder "userfiles" in the root of your local sourcetree, put the Screen_data into it, and add this line to the UserBuildConfig:

AddFilesToHaikuImage home config settings : $(HAIKU_TOP)/userfiles/Screen_data ;

Or always do a "jam -q @disk update-all" and just keep all your settings.

Again, this is how I imagine it to work. It may be a most ugly hack or even don't work at all.

Regards,
Humdinger

--
Deutsche Haiku News @ http://haiku-gazette.blogspot.com