[openbeos] Re: BeOS scheduling

  • From: François Revol <revol@xxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 00:05:29 +0200 (MEST)

En réponse à Manuel Jesus Petit de Gabriel <freston@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

> > Hmm that's why BeOS behaves so strangely in VMWare...
>
> Yes and no. The real problem is that the CPU speed detection
> code does not work properly under VMWare and the callout queue
> needs a good conversion factor betwen CPU clocks and microseconds.

That I figured.. I tried to hack a driver that would correct those
afterwards, but it looks I didn't find the good vars...

from vmware_timer.c:

extern uint64 time_base_to_usec;
extern uint32 timer_factor_shift;
extern uint32 timer_factor;

// this is for my AMD K6-2 350

uint64 fix_time_base_to_usec = 0x3f675c0800000000LL;
uint32 fix_timer_factor_shift = 0;
uint32 fix_timer_factor = 829645947;

See also
http://clapcrest.free.fr/revol/beos/sysinfo-driver.zip

> This trouble is already fixed for NewOS (as well as my personal
> version
> of BeOS :) )  I'm not sure if that change got integrated into OBOS
Hmm just how did you do ? Ugly DiskProbe patch ?

François.