[haiku] Re: Backup app via Rsync

  • From: scott mc <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2010 00:37:26 -0800

On Wed, Jan 6, 2010 at 11:06 PM, Jean-Marc Louviaux
<jeanmarc@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi again,
> I notice someone port Rsync few days ago
> (http://haiku-files.org/files/optional-packages/rsync-3.0.7-x86-gcc2-2010-01-05.zip)
> thanks !
> Will it be hard to port Duplicity (http://duplicity.nongnu.org/) ?
> I've made a little bounty on GetaFreelancer :
> App requirement :
> - Be heavily inspired by Déjà Dup (https://launchpad.net/deja-dup).
> - Send securely data (ssh)
> - Compresses data (optional)
> - Incrementally backs up, letting us to restore any file from any particular
> backup (duplicity?)
> - Schedules regular backups (ok)
> - Integrates well into the Haiku desktop
> - The program should be hosted at OSDrawer (http://www.osdrawer.net/) and be
> under MIT license
> Sadly it seem like it is getting no where...
> If we had rsync and duplicity, i believe it would be easy for the rest. Is
> someone interested ?
> Thanks

Seems you found someone who can do it in only 2 days for just $30.
Wow.  Somehow I don't think you're going to get the result you except
from that guy.
http://www.getafreelancer.com/projects/C-C-Linux/Haiku-Backup-Rsync-port.html
Perhaps hold out until you get a bid from someone who's actually done
some GUI programming.
-scottmc