[openbeos] Re: BFS / Attributes

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 12:49:29 +0200 CEST

Hi Robert,

skyos@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I'm not sure how BeOS/Haiku wants to handle this, but shouldn't
> the BFS function AttributeIterator::GetNext(...) return the length
> from the attribute data
> itself instead of the length from the attribute name?
[...]
> Shouldn't it be set to the attribute data length always?

Thanks, nice catch!
Actually, the GetNext() iterator functions only return the length of
the name - handy to be used in dirent::d_reclen.
I've fixed it r21674.

BTW I guess you've noticed r21671? It's pretty important, depending on
your implementation of the block cache (it was "only" reading from
beyond the block it should have, didn't write anything).

Bye,
   Axel.