[haiku] AW: Article about Haiku in a spanish magazine

  • From: "Ronny Wisor" <RonnyWisor@xxxxxx>
  • To: <haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 22:32:54 +0100

>and was kind enough to scan it, I made a mirror here:
>http://revolf.free.fr/beos/Articulo%20PCActual%20Haiku%20R1%20Alpha%202.pdf

>Now, I don't read spanish, so if anyone can tell us what it says...

>François.

Thanks Francois,

The article says: (That´s all I could understand):

Haiku is similar to BeOS in its elegance and has an interesting evolution.
There are VMware Images and iso-images available.
You can boot into the live CD or install it on real hardware. Haiku is still
in alpha stage. You can access several file systems and install it on a bfs
- partition. There is a GNU compiler available for Haiku. There are
different useful application installed by default. Haiku owns a browser
called WebPositive with flash support via gnash. Haikuware.com offers
different applications, KDE Software and even a QT-port.

Haikus future: Haiku R1 will include a local kit for localization and a
search like MacOS spotlight. The projekt for Haiku R2 is called Glass
Elevator.

PS: I´m not a spanish guy.
Saludos ;)
Ronny