[openbeos] Re: ANN: haiku-optimize mailing list

  • From: Kris van der Ven <kjvdven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 11:10:26 +0200

At 11:07 16-8-2004, you wrote:

Hi all,

I've set up haiku-optimize@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Rationale for a dedicated mailing list:

* Technical discussions of the scope and detail seen here last week don't
really belong on a general Haiku list, at least not as a regular part of
the discussions (and I don't feel comfortable extending the discussions of
last week here, if things go into more detail).

* While kit-specific issues could be discussed on the respective teams
lists, I think it would be good if there's a cross-team place to discuss
optimizations, as many optimization concepts and issues can probably be
used in a few different places in Haiku. So team members having an interest
in optimization can just lurk on haiku-optimize and see if anything useful
comes up.

* Optimization discussions might range from general high-level C
optimization concepts to efficient SIMD assembly usage or differences
between CPU architectures. There's really no other group where this mix of
discussion would be on-topic.

Anyone who's interested, hop over to the web interface or send a mail to
haiku-optimize-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'subscribe' in the Subject field.

Bye,
Chris

I'm just here for haiku news, but I'm starting to delete all the mail, so I agree with your point :D