[openbeos] ANN: BeGeistert 012 - "Dirty Dozen"

  • From: Charlie Clark <charlie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 10:18:50 +0200

BeGeistert 012: Düsseldorf, 17th - 18th April 2004

First of all sincere apologies for this being so late! It's been a very
busy year in the BeOS world and the BeGeistert-Orga team has been caught up
in things.

BeGeistert 012 will be on Saturday 17th and Sunday 18th April in the
Düsseldorf Youth Hostel. As usual, doors open on Friday for those helping
coordinate the chaos or just wanting to take in the sights of Düsseldorf -
you're left to your own devices. There are still a few places left so if
you're intending to come then please book as soon as possible.

What is BeGeistert 012 to be about? Well, the biggest thing in the BeOS
world at the moment is definitely Zeta which, after long delays is finally
available. For us,there is no doubt that Zeta is a considerable improvment
on BeOS R5 and it has definitely brought new users to BeOS. We're hoping to
meet some of them at BeGeistert 012 and will be offering introductions to
BeOS / Zeta and accompanying applications. Several members of yellowTAB
will also be there to talk about what's next for Zeta.

Even if Zeta is a great thing for BeOS users all over the world, we don't
want to neglect OpenBeOS as we think that the work done by the OpenBeOS
(OBOS) developers who will again be at BeGeistert in force: it is no secret
that BeGeistert is the unofficial OBOS Developer Conference where people
like Axel Dörfler, Marcus Overhagen, Ingo Weinhold, Francois Revol, et al.
get together to discuss things in detail. So if you want to know more about
OBOS and maybe get involved then come along. In fact OBOS and Zeta are
complimentary with many developers being involved with both.

We'll also be looking at the latest BeOS / Zeta applications and talking
with their developers: Refraction, WonderBrush, Beam and a host of other
applications have been premiered at BeGeistert.

A note for those who've not been to BeGeistert before: BeGeistert is 48
hours BeOS pure and very much about being there, with discussions starting
as soon as people arrive and continuing until it's time to go! For some
sleep is considered optional! This and the fact that all presentations and
workshops are provided by visitors make it difficult to provide a detailed
and reliable timetable in advance. While there are many old hats at
BeGeistert we find that new visitors quickly feel at home. BeGeistert is
dependent upon visitors providing workshops and tutorials so please contact
us if you've got something to share.

Of course, BeGeistert isn't just computers. computers, computers. The orga
team is very proud to host BeGeistert and point out what the city of
Düsseldorf has to offer - plenty of alternatives to get away from
computers, whether for (window) shopping on the Königsallee, a coffee by
the Rhine, pizza in Lupos, "the longest bar in the world"... there is
something for everyone and most of it within easy walking distance of the
youth hostel.

So, what are you waiting for?
http://www.begeistert.org/

Of course, we wish Waltercon luck as well!