[openbeos] 9P file system driver for Haiku project for GSoC

  • From: Uriel <uriel99@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2007 05:09:56 +0100

Hi, I am one of the organizers of the Plan 9 from Bell Labs
participation at GSoC, and as part of GSoC we are interested in
applications for implementations of the 9P protocol for other
operating systems, specially small alternative systems which we think
could benefit from its simplicity and flexibility.

So far we have not received any application for a Haiku 9P
implementation, so if anyone here is interested in working on such
project, we will be very happy if they apply.

Another project that occurs to me that might interest some members of
this list is a port of hosted Inferno to Haiku, applications for this
are also welcome.

For more information about our participation in GSoC see:
http://plan9.bell-labs.com/wiki/plan9/GSoC07/ and for more information
about the 9P protocol visit http://cat-v.org/9p/

Apologies for the somewhat off topic intrusion and best wishes to everyone

uriel

P.S.: We are also giving away Glenda (
http://plan9.bell-labs.com/plan9/glenda.html ) t-shirts to
participants in Plan 9's GSoC! Likely worth more than the 4500$ you
will get from google ;)