[haiku-web] Re: sarab spammer

  • From: Urias McCullough <umccullough@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-web@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 23 May 2009 09:26:52 -0700

On Sat, May 23, 2009 at 9:23 AM, Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx> wrote:

> On 2009-05-23 at 17:08:05 [+0200], Urias McCullough <umccullough@xxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>> On Sat, May 23, 2009 at 9:01 AM, Urias McCullough <umccullough@xxxxxxxxx>
>> wrote:
>> > Ok, that "sarab" spammer was pretty annoying... I see Stephan deleted
>> > the user, but there were like 50-100 spam comments riddled throughout
>> > the site that I deleted.
>> >
>> > We desperately need to install better captcha system, and does drupal
>> > have any software that can auto-detect a spammer based on how many
>> > comments they post in a short amount of time?
>>
>> As a followup, please don't delete spammer accounts without first finding
>> all their comments and removing them - it makes it a bit harder to locate
>> them all once the account is gone :/
>
> Sorry about that! I will set the account to "blocked" next time. Sorry
> again for interfering!

No, sorry if i came off strong there, I'm glad *something* was done -
as it seemed it wasn't going to stop :) - yes, setting to blocked,
that's what I should have said above :D

(Un)Fortunately I get notifications on all comments, so I was able to
just go through every notification and delete the spam comment
instead...