[haiku-web] Shijin theme tweaking

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-web@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 12:40:13 -0700

Howdy,

After the D5 upgrade, I had been doing a few and relatively minor tweaks
to the Shijin theme. Before I loose track of this work, I thought I
would show the changes to see if they are acceptable for adoption.
First, here is a summary of the changes:

###########

1) Added bottom margin to ".main-content .node" to render better visual
separation between teasers. (style.css)

2) Made h2 bold (again) in order to improve visual distinction between
node teasers. (style.css)

3) Added "margin-bottom: 15px;" to "#sidebar-right .block" to increase
spacing between right column boxes; this improves visual distinction
between blocks. (style.css)

4) Moved node tabs above the node content. (page.tpl.php)

5) Override "ul.primary" in "system.css" to fix tab height. (style.css)

6) Beautified search box & button by changing
"#edit-search-theme-form-keys" and "#header .form-submit" (style.css)

7) Removed unnecessary underline on hover over collapsible legend, by
adding...

legend a:hover {
border: none !important; /* Bottom border on hover not needed */
}

...to style.css.

Here are a couple of screenshots that show all the changes with the
exception of number 7.

http://haikuzone.net/images/2009-04-13_shijin-tweaks-front.png
http://haikuzone.net/images/2009-04-13_shijin-tweaks-node.png

If you guys would like these changes added to the existing Shijin theme,
I can post a bug report in Trac and attach the modified files (style.css
& page.tpl.php).

Cheers,

Jorge