[haiku-web] OpenID

  • From: "Niels Reedijk" <niels.reedijk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-web@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2008 14:14:35 +0100

Hey guys,

I hope this list is still a bit active.

Now that the Trac and the general websites aren't on the same server
anymore, there will be problems with user authentication and logging
in.

The most 'brutal' approach is completely separating the haiku account
and the trac account. This will, in a way, be a step back. I was
thinking, what are the opinions on OpenID here, and could it be a
user-friendly alternative to two logins?

Niels

P.S. I'm still working on alternatives, but this one crossed my mind
and I was wondering what the likelyhood of implementing this would be.