[haiku-web] Archiving drupal 4 and drupal 5 | Status of experimental | Test migration of the website

  • From: Niels Reedijk <niels.reedijk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-web@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 14:50:23 +0100

Hi,

There are still two legacy installations of our website on webfaction.
I am going to archive (database dump + tar + bz2) them, and store a
copy in the root directory on vmweb.haiku-os.org. I think it will also
be a good idea to store an encrypted archive on Matt's backup server.

When that's done I will remove the URLs, databases and data from webfaction.

Next up: what is the status of experimental.web.haiku-os.org? Is that
still being used by some, or can we just create a new clone of the
website on the new server?

Finally I am in the process of trying a test migration of the website
to the new server, I will let you know when that's done.

Kind regards,

Niels