[haiku-sysadmin] Adjusted password handling on vmrepo

  • From: Oliver Tappe <zooey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-sysadmin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2012 14:14:07 +0200

Hi there,

just FYI: I have changed the password handling on vmrepo a bit. Instead of
setting arbitrary passwords for each standard user (committer, not sudoer),
I have deleted all passwords for those users ('passwd -d'). This has the
effect of disallowing a user change via 'su' completely and should be a
better protection than to rely on an unknown/unmaintained password.

For sudoers, this isn't possible, as they need to have a proper password
set in order to type it in whenever 'sudo' asks for it ;-)

I have changed the administrative documentation accordingly.

cheers,
        Oliver