[haiku-inc] Re: Urgent!!!: Free Mac Mini's for Haiku

  • From: Alexander von Gluck IV <kallisti5@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-inc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 May 2014 17:56:27 -0500

On , Urias McCullough wrote:
On Fri, May 30, 2014 at 2:32 PM, Augustin Cavalier
<waddlesplash@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Wow! What's Mozilla's motivation for this (did they just have spare ones? or
are these a few generations old? and why us?)

And what are we going to do with them?

I've started an internal Haiku, Inc. thread to decide (since they need
to be donated specifically to the non-profit organization).

My vote is for continuous integration, which Matt, Alexander, and I
are already providing personal hardware to perform. Our hardware needs
are going to increase substantially when we start automating package
builds.

+1

The general plan so far is to closely keep track of these as Haiku, Inc. property as Mozilla had the legal need to donate these to another 501(c) not-for-profit. Our current personally donated build systems are just barely enough to keep up with the CI. We also *really* need infrastructure for building Haiku packages. All reasons I originally applied for them :-)

 -- Alex