[haiku-inc] Flash Player port to Haiku

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-inc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 09 Apr 2010 07:52:15 -0700

Howdy,

Some time ago, Scott McCreary placed a request with Adobe to create a Flash Player for Haiku. I subscribed to that request and recently I received notification of a comment from an Adobe product manager, Emmy Huang, which I quote below:

You should ask the Haiku organization to look into the Open Screen Project: openscreenproject.org. Partnership enables companies to port Flash Player for their OS/devices.

Emmy
Group Product Manager, Adobe Flash Player

The request can be seen on-line here (you may have to create an account to view it):

http://bugs.adobe.com/jira/browse/FP-1664

I thought I would pass this along in case Haiku Inc. would want to pursue this.

BTW, a quick look at the Open Screen Project site reveals the Open Screen Project Fund, which is (and I quote) "a US$10 million market development fund offering grants to developers to help accelerate the creation of applications, content, and services that leverage the Adobe® Flash®". Not sure if it would apply to getting funding for the development of a Haiku flash player, but it may be worth a try.

Cheers,

--
Jorge/aka Koki
Website: http://haikuzone.net