[haiku-i18n] Re: User documentation update

  • From: "Humdinger" <humdingerb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-i18n@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2012 18:13:19 +0200

Hi Dancsó!

On Wed, 12 Sep 2012 13:41:56 +0200 Dancsó Róbert wrote:
> I found that, many part of the user documentation is outdated. Like
> the
> Person, Calculator, Deskbar, DiskUsage, Network, Time. Who will and
> when
> update these document "templates"?

You are right, partly... :)

When to update the user guide is always a bit difficult to judge. Some
things are still quite a bit in flux. DiskUsage may still change a bit,
The network preferences are supposed to be thoroughly overhauled. The
Person app is currently not localizable (although that doesn't impede
the English version), and might even change a bit still to e.g. include
even more fields. The Deskbar seems to be in pretty good shape.

Jumping to updating too soon, we may create unnecessary work. And with
the number of translations, that adds up...
But I agree, those pages should receive an update. I put it off too
long and with alpha4 around the corner (which looked to be hitting a
bit sooner a few weeks back...) I don't think we should rush it into
that one.

If anyone wants to work on the contents, feel free to announce it here
and provide a diff to the HTML file. Otherwise I'll have a crack at it
soon. (And should alpha4 be delayed further than beginning of October,
even sooner...)

Regards,
Humdinger

      Deutsche Haiku News  -  Haiku Gazette