[haiku-i18n-es] [haiku-i18n-es] Re: Catalan flag

  • From: Miguel Zuniga <mzuniga@xxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-i18n-es <haiku-i18n-es@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 02 Nov 2015 23:08:55 +0300

¡Hola, amigo!

I hope you don't mind me butting in on your Spanish mailing list.
And I hope I'm not too offtopic, as I know Spanish != Catalan...

Welcome in!

Would it be OK to have this flag in the userguide language menu for "Catalan":
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catalan_flag
Currently Spanish and Catalan share the same flag. Not ideal...

Yes, it would. The senyera flag is historically linked to the Crown of Aragon
territories. It is politically accepted and official in Spain.

In the hope of being just illustrative, the separatist Catalan flag is the
Estelada (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Estelada).

Thank you for your patience in getting an answer.

Miguel