[haiku-doc] Re: User Guide: Choosing a language

  • From: Humdinger <humdingerb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-doc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2009 21:34:00 +0200

Axel Dörfler wrote:
Humdinger <humdingerb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I think it would be convenient to be able to change languages on every page, instead of one entry-page that links to the different translations.

Convenient at least for doing/checking the translations; I can't really imagine this would be a feature a lot of users actually use, at least not if our translations are properly done.

Depends. If do fall back to English if a translation isn't complete, someone may be more comfortable with another language. With the menu there'd be the possibility to change to a language that's available and isn't English. Also, one may stumble on a link online, pointing to an English page of the user guide. With the menu you can just change to your favourite language, without you'd have to remember the page and hunt down the language-index page.

I've done a little test and it looks just fine. :)

Regards,
Humdinger

Deutsche Haiku News @ http://www.haiku-gazette.de