[haiku-doc] Re: Update Installation guide?

  • From: Humdinger <humdingerb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-doc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2011 09:31:42 +0200

Hi Patrik!

2011/6/24, Patrik Gissberg <patrik@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
> The screenshot of ReadOnlyBootPrompt in the Installation guide is very
> old and should be replaced.

Funny you say that, I saw that too yesterday... :)
I already added the info how to add Haiku to GRUB2, as it's already
described in the Installer start window (that everyone quickly
dismisses as a boring EULA. :)).
I don't know how to exchange images. I think I'll mail mmadia about
that. I already have the replacement PNG here.

> The screenshot of the First boot could also be updated (the only
> difference in r1a3 are the added documentations).

I'm not sure that is needed. The text only mentions the Welcome
documentation which is in the screenshot. Changing this generic image
for every release doesn't have much benefit IMO.

--
Regards,
Humdinger

     Deutsche Haiku News  -  Haiku Gazette