[haiku-doc] Translation query

  • From: Alan Smale <ajsmale@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-doc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2009 13:22:38 +0100

Hi list,

I seem to have more free time these days so I'm looking to get back to
contributing to the documentation again now that the alpha is out it seems
like there is more urgent need for documentation.

I do have a question regarding translations:

I am assuming that the English documentation is the 'standard' from which
the translations are derived, so...

What happens to translations derived from an English document if it is
subsequently changed.
Will existing translations be invalidated or marked for change or left out
of synch?

I ask this as I'll only be writing English docs, but am aware that they are
likely to go through various revisions before being considered complete.

Thanks

Alan