[haiku-doc] Re: RFC on first steps on List.dox

  • From: David Weizades <ddewbofh@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <haiku-doc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 12:06:26 +0200

Hi

Thanks for the input. The reasons the diff went AWOL with the char limit I
think, was because I simpled piped the output from svn diff to a text file. No
editing etc since I was just looking for input on the content and not wanting
to submit an actual patch. :)

I'll do the changes mentioned and post a fixed diff.

Cheers
/Dave

> Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 12:02:49 +0200
> From: niels.reedijk@xxxxxxxxx
> To: haiku-doc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [haiku-doc] Re: RFC on first steps on List.dox
>
> Hi David,
>

> > Attached is a simple "svn diff List.dox" piped to a text-file. I'm going
> > with the OSS-mantra of "release early, release often" and I'm asking for
> > comments on what you think about what I've written. Things like language,
> > clarity and you can also help me out deciding if I should add myself as an
> > author instead of a proof-reader. The way I figure I'm rewriting large
> > parts of it but I want to avoid stepping on any toes in the process. :)
>
> First of all, could you name your files something like List.dox.diff
> or List.dox.070521.patch (both .diff or .patch extension will be
> great). Secondly, have you opened the file in a text editor that has
> an 80 character limit and then saved it? It seems that your diff is
> currently invalid because some of the lines have been wrapped.
>
> + * Authors:
> + * Niels Sascha Reedijk
> + *
> + * Proof-reading:
> + * David Weizades
>
> We decided on using Proofreaders (as I recall), even if there is only
> one. I think proofreader does not need a '-'. I've updated the API
> guidelines yesterday, BTW, to reflect that.
>
> +  BList contains a list of items that will grow and shrink depending on how
> +  many items are in it. So you will not have to do any of the
> memorymanagement
>
> I don't know if memory management should be one word.
>
> The rest of the changes look good to me, though I currently would
> classify them as proofreading rather than authorship, in a sense that
> you are merely rewording things rather than adding new information.
>
> Keep up the good work, I'm looking forward to seeing more of it.
>
> Niels

Prova Live.com: här kan du skapa din egen onlinevärld - med nyheter, sport,
väder och mycket annat.
http://www.live.com/getstarted