[haiku-doc] <CMD> and <OPT> key issue

  • From: Loïc <lagiraudiere@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <haiku-doc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 May 2010 15:56:56 +0200

Hi

oups : Linefeed disapeared in my previous message ! sorry for the noise...

<CMD> (Command) and <OPT> (option) keys are inverted* on the
left of the keyboards, so that the <CMD> key is available on the
102-key keyboards. It's misleading for newbies, especially when
there is no explanation in the user guide.
Couldn't we explain that, in "Shortcuts / key combinations"
and "KeyMap" pages ?

Should I open a enhancement ticket to create 105-keykeyboards map ?
should 102-key keyboards map be renamed with "Legacy"
( or an other word ) to draw attention ?

To make short : What solution(s) should we implement?

One point more :
Nor Haiku nor BeOS do a distinction between <OPT> left/right,
wheras in some langages right <OPT> is called <ALT GR>
(ALTernate GRaphic) and provides special caracters support.
I think this also deserves to be mentioned in the user guide.

Regards
Loïc

* : I suspect
this problem have caused several"shortcuts key" errors in the user guide.
for  instance :
in the keymap preflet !