[haiku-development] Re: yasm/nasm was:Haiku R1/alpha discussion proposals

  • From: "scott mc" <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2008 12:21:41 -0700

On Thu, Aug 14, 2008 at 11:12 AM, Fredrik Modéen <fredrik@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> 2008/8/14 scott mc <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx>:
>>> I just posted an initial build attempt portlog on haikuports for nasm.
>>>  Maybe someone has an idea of what to do next?  It's currently
>>> tripping up on a parse error before 'uint8_t', perhaps a missing
>>> include? or missing MACRO?
>>> http://ports.haiku-files.org/wiki/dev-lang/nasm
>>> I also posted a simple patch to fix some of the warning I was getting.
>>
>> There was some recent discussion about nasm compile here:
>>
>> http://www.haiku-os.org/community/forum/help_need_for_compiling_error
>>
>> (not sure why searching for "nasm" on the site doesn't find this).
>>
>> uint8_t should be defined in stdint.h
>
> And here are more information.
> //www.freelists.org/archives/openbeos/02-2008/msg00009.html
>

> --
> MVH
> Fredrik Modéen

It seems these two fixes are in conflict with each other.  One is
renaming float.h to nasmfloat.h and the other is modifying float.h to
include stdint.h. I went with the latter:
http://ports.haiku-files.org/browser/haikuports/trunk/dev-lang/nasm/nasm-2.03.01-haiku.diff?rev=120
I posted a binary, but it has not been tested, so use with caution.
http://ports.haiku-files.org/downloads

-scottmc