[haiku-development] Re: where is the kBootCode's source ?

  • From: "Starsseed" <starsseed@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 May 2011 21:58:38 +0200

From: "Jonas Sundström" <jonas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
I think it's here: src/apps/bootmanager/bootman.S
I guess this code is used not only by BootManager,
but I'm not sure who/where else.

bootman.S is used when you install the BootManager into the MBR (and the 3 following sectors).

I'm looking for the generic boot code that load and run the first sector of the active partition.
the one modified from a "FreeBSD pmbr"

Regards

NB :
If I understand correctly, we have the choice between 2 boot sequences :
1* - BIOS -> standard MBR -> partition boot record (stage1.S) -> stage2 osLoader ( Haiku_loader)
2° - BIOS -> BootMan's MBR (bootman.S) -> Haiku_loader
* the first one is used in the anyboot image, and is also written by the DiskManager when you install a Intel partitioning system on a blank disk.