[haiku-development] Re: updated autoconf and automake

  • From: scott mc <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 09:36:03 -0700

On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 5:41 AM, Matt Madia<mattmadia@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 07:44, scott mc<scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Attached is a patch to add the new autoconf and automake packages to
>> the OptionalPackages.
>
> Please make a ticket for this.  Otherwise it'll most likely end up in
> the blackhole that is our inboxes :)
>
> --mmadia

Ok, I spent some time rebuilding many of the OptionalPackages in the
last few days and have now posted a patch on ticket 4363 which adds
all of the updated packages to the OptionalPackages file(s).  There's
still a few left to do in Group 1 and a couple in Group 2:
http://dev.haiku-os.org/wiki/R1/Alpha1OptionalPackages
I don't know where to get the source to rebuild jam, and the last time
I tried building flex and bison I ran into issues IIRC, so I'll defer
to others for those.  Not sure if the patch should be applied now or
wait until flex, bison and jam are also up to date.  Either way the
patch to add everything so far is waiting here:
http://dev.haiku-os.org/ticket/4363 only that .3.diff patch is needed
as it includes the others in it.
My build environment is in need of a rebuild again, so if someone can
run a test build of the patch that'd be great.  Things to check after
building is to see if everything appears OK in the AboutSystem box,
that is, the copyright dates for each of the packages look right, the
licenses should be clickable, etc.  If you notice anything not quite
right add a comment to 4363 and I'll take a look at it.
-scottmc