[haiku-development] Re: resource editor?

  • From: John Scipione <jscipione@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2013 16:07:23 -0400

On Thu, Oct 24, 2013 at 4:01 PM, scottmc <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> There was code from a GCI 2012 student who worked on a resource editor as
> suggested in #968, the code was committed, but I don't see a resource editor
> in the latest nightlies.  The trac ticket is closed:
> https://dev.haiku-os.org/ticket/968
> So what is the current status of the resource editor?  Are there still some
> missing features?  If so then perhaps those can be turned into tasks for
> GCI2013.

Hey scottmc,

I asked the same question before to mmadia on IRC and he clued me in
here. The source code is in the tree in src/apps/resourceedit/ but is
not included in the image by default.

So one of 2 things needs to happen, a, it needs to be included in the
default image, or b, it needs to be taken out of tree and built into a
package and then include that package in the repo.

b sounds like a pretty good GCI 2012 task.