[haiku-development] Re: partition 'out of space' problems

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 08:46:43 -0700

Howdy,

Fredrik Holmqvist wrote:
> I've been building to dev/sda3 (~4GB partition) for a long time. In
> recent days it started giving 'out of space' errors when building, but
> if I set
> HAIKU_IMAGE_SIZE      = 3000 ; it works fine.
>
> I havn't had HAIKU_IMAGE_SIZE or HAIKU_DONT_CLEAR_IMAGE.
>
> Is this an issue at my end or has anything changed that could affect this?

I don't know if this is related, but when now building Haiku from Ubuntu
to a 20GB partition (dev/sda1), jam -q now stays at the "Creating
image..." stage a very long time (used to be a minute or two; it now
stays there like five minutes) and then spits the following error message:

###########

Creating image ...
Error: writing to device file /dev/sda1 failed (No space left on device)

export imagePath="/dev/sda1"
export isImage="1"
export isVMwareImage=""
build/scripts/build_haiku_image generated/haiku.image-init-vars
generated/haiku.image-make-dirs generated/haiku.image-copy-files
generated/haiku.image-unzip-files

...failed BuildHaikuImage1 /dev/sda1 ...
...removing /dev/sda1
...failed updating 1 target(s)...
...updated 423 target(s)...
jorge@jorge-laptop:~/develop/haiku/trunk$

I am at rev 30144 (to avoid the new yasm requirement).

Cheers,

Jorge