[haiku-development] Re: kill team in kdl

  • From: Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 05 Jul 2009 20:58:06 +0200

On 2009-07-05 at 20:51:33 [+0200], Paulo Estrela <paulojbe@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> There is a way to kill a team using KDL? I was playing with rev31406 and
> BeZilla constantly crashes making my system unusable. I want to kill
> BeZilla, but Tracker becomes unusable too.

When you are in KDL, you can use the teams command to get a list of team
IDs. Then you can use the command "drop" with the ID of the team you want
to kill. When you then type co[ntinue], the specified team will be dropped
into the debugger, from which you can just kill it by existing the debugger.

What's weird, though, is that when you say BeZilla is crashing... that's
like it being killed already! Do you mean it's restarting itself? Otherwise
I don't get it. When it's crashed, it's gone, how can it make your system
unusable still?

Best regards,
-Stephan