[haiku-development] Re: helping

  • From: Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 22:12:29 +0200

Hello Tadas,

Salvatore Benedetto wrote (2007-09-21, 22:06:40 [+0200]):
> On 9/21/07, Tadas Vilkeliškis <vilkeliskis.t@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > I would like to join Haiku project. I read the "getting started" page
> > and I don't what to do. I thought that you could point me somewhere .
> > I've been programming with C and C++ for 3 or 4 years. Right now  I'm
> > studying computer science, so I could spend probably 20 hours a week (a
> > little bit more or less). I hope to hear from you soon.
>
> first of all, I'd suggest you to set up a development environment, then
> it depends on what your interest are. Would you rather working in kernel
> space (drivers for example) or applications in user space?
>
> Have a look at the bug tracker ( http://dev.haiku-os.org/ ) and see if
> you find a bug you think you can fix and start working on it. Then
> provide a patch to the mailing list. Make sure to follow coding
> guidelines.
>
> Welcome on board! ;-)

I second Salvo's advice! This is really the best procedure you can follow!
:-)

Please post here if you need any help on setting up your development
environment. Check out the developer documents on our site, especially the
ones in the getting started section. There are some step by step tutorials
which you could follow, depending on what your needs are. But feel welcome
to ask any questions here!

Welcome on board!

Best regards,
-Stephan