[haiku-development] Re: [haiku-i18n] Re: Localization of files and folders

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 16:30:09 +0100 (MET)

François Revol<revol@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> But please do not make this mandatory.
> OSX translates foldernames in Finder and it is a real pain to have to
> remember to "cd Download" instead of "cd Téléchargements".

As Jonas pointed out, this would be a different attribute, so at least in
Tracker windows, it's completely optional (ie. up to you, if you show the
"name" or "translated" attribute). I guess a similar setting could be used for
the Deskbar.
But maybe it's a better idea to just don't use any attribute, and have a single
setting for this (and also always a Tracker column for the other type).

Bye,
   Axel.