[haiku-development] Re: [haiku-commits] haiku: hrev45950 - src/apps/haiku-depot

  • From: John Scipione <jscipione@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2013 13:55:12 -0400

On Sun, Aug 4, 2013 at 12:29 PM,  <superstippi@xxxxxx> wrote:
> 127061e: HaikuDepot: Scrollbars for content, document window look
>
>    * All text views that potentially need scrolling are now
>      embedded into a CustomScrollView. That one controls a
>      vertical BScrollBar only and has B_NO_BORDER frame. Since
>      the regular BScrollView doesn't do some adjustments in
>      this setup, the CustomScrollView takes care of moving the
>      BScrollBar such that the B_DOCUMENT_WINDOW_LOOK resize
>      handle does not obscure the bottom arrow button.

I like the look of the scrolling application view and I wonder if this
class could also be used for BAboutWindow to show the scrollable
application description there as well instead of using a regular
BTextView. Also, something that seems likely to be useful for
application descriptions both in HaikuDepot and also in BAboutWindow
is hyperlink support, there's even code for that in AboutSystem IIRC.