[haiku-development] Re: anyone noticing performance regressions with the PM branch ?

  • From: Stephan Aßmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2013 14:04:55 +0200

Hi,

Am 20.09.2013 14:51, schrieb fano il primo:
[...]

Really the tentation to fork is high, now, and it is IMHO this you risk
continuing in this path and I know that you hate forks (and me too,
really, it is one of the motivation why Linux is evil), but what one
could do, now?

We have lost the principal selling point of Haiku? Haiku is fast (no
more)t, simple to use (HPG != simple), easy (Package Management != easy,
bundle is easy) to learn and yet very powerful (it is the PC that need
to be powerful)?

I hope you don't find offensive this critic, developers, but it comes
for one that loved the concept behind Be OS and Haiku OS, this have to
be clear and so I feel it "mine" in some sense, too... and I'll be
really sad if it fails.

Personally, I don't find it offensive. Of course you can voice your oppinion and concerns.

I just find it sad, that you have made your points and asked the questions in the comments sections of various package management related blog post, people reply to you and explain things in detail, and you still hold on to your wrong believes like your are completely resistent to arguments.

If you absolutely want to believe that PM makes Haiku slow and complicated, that's your thing. Apparently, you cannot be helped.

Best regards,
-Stephan